View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 10:06 AM   #9
r00ster

Thank you both for your responses! SteelStroke, thank you for sharing your quote. I will use it to earn points with my wife when I tell her I saved us approximately $500 in trying to fix this myself. I hear ya on the piece of mind. Hopefully, I don't screw anything else up in the process...

I'm half way through this job or at least I have the old hose out. Gelbster, I can attest to how brittle those hoses are. That, in fact, is why I find myself where I am today; I originally broke the old (lower) breather line while recently replacing my AOS. Then, while removing the hose out from the engine, I broke it two additional times. To get the old hose and the "connection piece" (part #6 in the previously posted parts diagram) out, I've had to remove the throttle body, and the two intake distributors and their boots (4). The new hose is much more pliable than the old one and so I'm hopeful I'll be able to thread it in without having to take anything else apart. Fingers are crossed! To clarify for anyone reading this, I have a 2003 986 with a 2.7L and Tiptronic Trans.
r00ster is offline   Reply With Quote