View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 06:46 AM   #42
jb92563

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
FYI, the Sachs clutch kit I bought came with an alignment tool.
I bought the same kit you mentioned. You must be a preferred customer because I had to buy the alignment tool separate from Pelican. Couldn't even find the tool on their website.

I have the clutch back together and most everything else has been torqued back in place, just need to bolt the mufflers and plastic body shield to finish the job.

Having never done any kind of clutch replacement before I would still rate it as a fairly easy DIY, but it does take some time and organization of parts because of all the peices you have to take off.

No sweat for a Hobbyist as you have a 2nd car and in no particular hurry.

I think I only cussed once when I rolled into a pile of clutch dust and blackend myself with it. I should have taken a picture of my face as well. You know how things itch at the worst possible moment. I looked like a Comanche in full war paint.

I was wondering if there is any kind of break-in required for a new clutch before I resume with spirited driving shifting again?
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 09-09-2016 at 06:49 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote