View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 08:02 PM   #16
jakeru

Nadams, thanks for the suggestion about tapatalk. I've used it before and stopped, but can't remember why. That signature line is pretty awful, but maybe could put up with it. The image uploading workflow you describe does sound wonderful. As I recall, they do their own image hosting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
As I said, I post exclusively from my iPhone and don't have the same issues that you do
It would appear that's because you are using photobucket, though - correct? (That's what you said before, at least.)

I'm not surprised if you don't have the same issues, if you haven't tried the uploading methods I've reported here as being problematic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000986s View Post
I have an iPhone and never have an issue with it. Go to the little paper clip icon when you're doing a new post, click choose file, select a pic from your photo album, click upload, then just preview the post beforehand to make sure it's all squared away. It's prbly not the traditional way to post pics on here but I've seen easy success with it after doing it a few times. Prbly takes me 30 secs to resize a pic and upload on here via iPhone. Try it out and it'll become easy to ya. Good luck and let's keep it cordial boxster owners
Thanks; I just tried out the "paper clip icon" on both an iPhone 5, and the iPad Pro, using the built-in safari web browser. It seems to take you to the same interface as the "attach" button does down under the "Older method of attaching files" section, which is what I've been using to attach no more than one photo per post.

In either case, (using the "attach" button or the paper clip icon), and on both iOS devices (iPhone and iPad), uploading the second photo seems to overwrite the first uploaded photo, with the name of the one uploaded file always being "image.jpg".

So, this is basically what I'm using right now, but it requires manual photo resizing, and isn't working for me to upload more than one image per post.

...Am I doing something different from you? Are you able to upload more than one using that method?

I've experimented with a few free download image resizer apps, by the way. Haven't found one yet that I'm happy with, but I also haven't paid money (only tried free ones so far).