Thread: Rms
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 08:49 AM   #11
lexuspilot

Buy one under warranty and then the RMS leak,"if" it happens, is Porsche's problem.

After reading damn near everything on this site, you don't have to be a moderator to do that, and lot's of deep thought it seems to me that the Boxster is such a wonderful car and has such appeal that people buy out of their comfort zone.

I personally, due to my own limitations, would not purchase an out of warranty Porsche. I also have reasons not to buy a pre-owned Porsche Boxster, as opposed to other models.

If you enjoy getting a wonderful car at a low price then a 5 or 6 year old Porsche Boxster may be for you. But, be realistic and put away some money for the maintenance and add that to the price in your head. That way you will be happy. A pre-owned porsche that one can barely afford is not for the faint of heart and spirit. If it turns out your purchase is a cherry and drives 30k miles with no problem whatsoever then you had a nice savings account going.

Also remember that the people not having problems are out driving around and have no idea that 986forum.com exists. Some of them are problem free and some of the them have enough money that the problems are worry free. I saw Paris Hilton in a Boxster I doubt we will ever hear if her's has had any issues other than her credit card wouldn't swipe right or something.

I am having a hard time convincing myself to sell my Boxster. I should, but don't want to.

05 S - looking...
lexuspilot is offline   Reply With Quote