Thread: Rms
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 08:06 AM   #10
mquillen

Touché, guys, and you're right, Jim, I need to get out more. I'm just baffled that such a beautifully designed car, which I have been an enthusiast of for years, has what I consider a tragic flaw. Ironically, I'm not trying to vent in a critical way, as I am in a sorrowful way. I still love the Boxter. In my opinion, it is nearly the perfect sports car.

Why is Porsche handling the problem the way they are? Is Porsche trying to maintain some level of exclusivity in the entry-level machine by making the cost of ownership higher than it need be? If so, add content and raise the price. I just have a hard time throwing money at a problem that should have been solved years ago. I have a hard time kissing my dealer's heine just so they'll take care of problems that shouldn't be there. I loved the analogy someone on this board made comparing the Boxter to a high maintenance woman. But, more appropriately, as beautiful as she is, she's not really a supermodel, so she shouldn't expect to get away with acting like one.
mquillen is offline   Reply With Quote