View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 05:01 PM   #3
DarkStar

Garage
Well my opinion. Green Locktite doesn't work for ****************. Axle Shaft came loose from the flange off the transmission and the driveshaft pounded the transmission away to brake the weakest bracket on the Transmission. The others are like half an inch thick or thicker. This one is thin web. The axle shaft has come loose numerous times since I put it all back together. Ive cleaned the threads and used green locktite and this one keeps coming loose. Passenger side is fine. No mods except a 6 puck and headers, Stock catback. And I wasn't beating on it, just left a light. Must have been threaded out again and finally popped off while driving and the axle just slammed the mount.

As for welding, its doubtful if it can be welded well enough to hold down any mild torque. So we're going to develop a stiffening Bracket Mount to replace the factory mounts.

This should replace both mounts and bolt to the suspension "K Member" and half of the gearbox bolts. Which should also provide chassis stiffening.
Attached Images

Last edited by DarkStar; 09-02-2016 at 05:04 PM.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote