View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 06:22 PM   #15
Mark_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyonine View Post
Ok- I'm sure this a stupid question, but I've been known to ask those occasionally.... Why store these cars at all? Mine is in the garage all winter just as it is the rest of the year. While it isn't my daily driver, I do take it out at least a couple days a week even in our cold snowy WVA winters? I drive my Jeep every day, so why is my Porsche any different? Just curious.....

LOL! And when was the last time you woke up in the morning to find the mercury at -40 and half your vehicle buried in a snow drift? I bet your vehicles aren't even equipped with block heaters.

Up here we can have 6 - 8 weeks straight when the temp never gets warmer than -20. The snow never melts so accumulations can hit a few feet by mid-winter. The depth of the ice ruts in my back alley can exceed the ground clearance of the car. On top of that, the city spreads thousands of pounds of highly corrosive salted sand on the roads to aid traction. This is no environment for my beloved Boxster. I put it away at first snowfall, usually around the end of October, and it doesn't come out until the street sweepers have done their work in the spring, which can be late April to early May.