View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 11:57 AM   #40
jb92563

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
No, there is no "lifetime" product. Buy your gear oil from Porsche only as they use a unique specification product that is made for them, no one else has a direct substitute. You should also plan on servicing the trans every 40-50K miles, like other lubricant service intervals, the gear box oil is too long.

While you have the car apart, it would be a good time to put a 2 1/4 diameter hole in the triangular plate for future trans service without taking anything apart. The plate is soft aluminum, so a decent hole saw (we got ours from Amazon) will make quick work of it. Be sure to hold the plate up under the trans and mark where to put the hole as it is off center a bit.
Ah, valuable info there JFP, thanks, I better get that oil in before my clutch arrives.
I'm having Boxster driving withdrawl symptoms and if I keep trying to drive my Wrangler like the Boxster something is going to break.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote