Thread: Rms
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 05:17 AM   #8
lexuspilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquillen
Having arrived here from the planet Lexus, part of the Toyota star system, there are peculiarities of your culture which I have yet to understand. Not that I am unworldly, I have also spent time on planet Acura. These oil leaks and seal failures I'm am hearing of, it was my impression most of these issues were remnants of a bygone era, when tools were not precise and statistical process control was a fellow with a ball peen hammer. I find it intriguing, and perhaps charming, that these manufacturing imperfections seem to be desired in a manufacturing world where near perfection is often achieved and easily repeated. So common are these faults within your culture that they even have their own jargon, PMS, RMS or something like that. I don't know whether to admire or feel sorrow for a culture that celebrates imperfections that have long been remedied in other worlds.
Having been to planet Lexus several times, mostly for the women, I can say that your planet has it's own pecularities. I have been to planet Ford, who hasn't, and planet Mazda. Each of these planets seems to work very hard to get it 100% right. They all seem to fall short by 1%. Planet Lexus would continually run down the battery and strand you, even while brand new and even while in warranty. Why didn't planet Lexus go to 100% by having some measure to prevent the car from spending the battery to 0, I do not know. Maybe because theya re an evil planet and actaully want profit. or maybe because making cars is really f'ing hard and takes many smart people many years just to make something as crappy as a Hyundai much less a Lexus. Or maybe, a competing planet established a new lower price that is forcing them to cut corners. On clublexus.com, the sight for Planet Lexus, they ******************** about your planets problems.

The inhabitants ******************** on every site because the kind of people that hang out in forums are so interested in that planet's cars that they care about every little thing and enjoy aguing about them too. In the past, people had to travel light years to meet up and ******************** about the little stuff as they enjoy the big picture of ownership. But now you can do it from home.

You must give to get, and many of these fine people on our Porsche Planet are just striving for Automotive Bliss (some even have been to Planet Lotus which can eat an un-seasoned traveler for lunch). I imagine that the bliss they found at Planet Honda left them un-excited and striving for more. So they have venture to Planet Porsche and inhabit both the pre-owned and newly developed areas.

You name the planet and within minutes of googling that planets forums I'll give you the 1% that was left short by that planet(their RMS).

05 S - looking...

Last edited by lexuspilot; 07-01-2006 at 05:20 AM.
lexuspilot is offline   Reply With Quote