View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 04:54 AM   #661
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisZenithBlue View Post
Hi guys! Sorry to hijack the thread but who else than a knowledgeable group like you to help me with my little issue. I am the proud owner of a set of cloth GT3 seats for my Boxster (alien ones) and the Velcro on the seat base is worn and would not hold the cushion under the thigh in place. I see that the original Velcro strip is sown on so I am trying to figure out how can I replace it. Maybe some of you have had a similar issue and can help with some advice. Thanks! I can find sticky Velcro but that sticky part prob won't last long in cloth.
On my driver seat (I have cloth Recaro seats too, not the GT3 seats but similar) the bottom of the seat cushion is worn where it attaches to the seat base Velcro, and when I have the sub belt running under that cushion and out the front of the seat, the seat cushion slips on the Velcro, because the cloth is worn where it sticks to the Velcro. In your case, if it is the driver seat, maybe swapping the driver and passenger seat cushion may provide some immediate relief.

The Velcro on the seat bottom is unfortunately not part of the removable seat cover:

Gt3 Bucket Seat Cover Perlon Velour

Hopefully some of this will give you some ideas...
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote