View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 04:20 PM   #10
Topless
Track rat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcclung View Post
Hi all, in about a year or so I'll be in the market for a Porsche 987 Boxster. I currently drive a '98 Z3 roadster and I'm wanting to switch to something newer and the 987 seems perfect. The ones I'm looking at in my price range have anywhere from 75k to 100k on them. Is that considered high mileage on a Porsche? I've never owned a Porsche so I don't know what I should expect buying a Boxster in that mileage range (Especially maintenance costs since I am by no means a mechanic). It would also be my daily driver but I only drive about 10k miles a year. (Any Boxster daily drivers here?)
Since I am new to Porsche I'm learning all I can before I buy one.
Thanks for any help
Also, I'm sorry that I posted this in the 986 forum, I didn't really see a site like this for the 987.
Daily driver with limited mechanical skills? I am going to recommend a newer car with less mileage. There was a significant bump in reliability with the 2009-2012 cars and you can find nice ones for around $25k right now. That is a sweet spot in terms of value in a Porsche with minimum unscheduled maintenance issues. Pay a little more up front and probably a lot less during your ownership.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2010-Porsche-Boxster-c22059