View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 04:59 PM   #14
911monty

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000 View Post
911monty, I ran the LT thermostat and an S cooler last winter (temps down to 0° F) with no issues, my oil analysis also came back with no issues.
Yeah I followed your threads and you also installed the center rad, which I did not, but it sounds like our cars are behaving very similarly. And you as I both live on the West Coast where we rarely see less than 20 deg. I suspect your 0 must have been at Mammoth Mtn.... . I don't know what your all in was to install the center rad, but I have been considering the CSF radiators which will increase the capacity above the center rad without the added complexity. This is why I have been thinking about the main oil volume in the sump never getting above 180 (My oil and water temp are typically about 3 deg difference.) This would be akin to short drive cycles in the winter. So if I go to the CSF rads with the increased capacity, I may also go back to the 195 deg stat to ensure the oil gets hot enough. Again these are my thoughts on this since installing the S oil cooler.
The only reason I brought up in this thread is I'm not sure most consider the oil cooler as being a significant portion of the cooling system.
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote