View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 12:11 PM   #27
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAN View Post
I must admit, I almost became a paddle shifter fan while driving a Porsche Macan S recently, super precise, fast and fun...but I noticed one "little" down side: Shifting while turning (steering wheel angle + 60°) feels odd, almost "dangerous". But it might just be me.
Note the "full weekend" proposal Make no mistake, it needs skills and getting used too. Very effective when you get the feel of it. When I first paddled a gearbox, I was mixing the up with downshift, loosing them when hard turning, etc. Took a few hours to get used too for sure. Like anything else I guess, practice makes perfect.

In a real life scenario, chances that you'll need to up/downshift in a tight corner is pretty rare. Not a pro driver but when at the track (2 wheels), I know what gear I'll be in before hitting the apex. Same for my corner exit. Disturbing balance (momentum) when cornering is pretty suicidal if you ask me. Guessing its similar if not the same for cars.