View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 09:40 AM   #1
aBsOlUt

Almost totalled my 986S today, lost control of the car!

I cannot believe it. I was so proud of its handling and everything but it must have been my fault. I know no car can go against the law of physics. My tires must have been wet from a rain that was going on all morning. Everything was dry at the time of the incident.

It all happened in a back road next to where I live, I was with a friend and I even told him "I like this road", turned the wheel even more and pressed the gas (probably the biggest mistake). Car loses control, butt is flying to the right, front is going and jumps on the conrete part of the pedestrian road, gets on top of the grass and somehow I turned my wheel to the right to get back into the road and it did it. If it didnt do that it would have kept going on a downward slope with more grass and possibly roll the car around.

A piece of plastic fell on the road and it appears it took most of the damage. The car does not leak any oil or has any visible damage at all. The car is full of grass thrown on one side.

Steering feels the shame, car keeps going straight even if I dont hold the wheel, I zig-zagged a bit, gears seem to do just fine.

I am taking it to the dealer to be checked. Any worries I should have?

Just wanted to share the story...I blame the mistake to me not the car.

Last edited by aBsOlUt; 06-27-2006 at 09:50 AM.
aBsOlUt is offline   Reply With Quote