View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 06:35 AM   #2732
DRGETZ
Okinawa986

K&N Not Recommended--May Want to Research

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEJ View Post
It's not a matter of what I did today but what I've done in the past 5 weeks since buying my car. New clutch, new LN IMSB kit, new coolant bottle, new oil filter housing, new front motor mount, new Pioneer AVIC7200NEX radio, back up camera, new serpentine belt, cleaned and re-oiled the K&N air filter, new cabin air filter, cleaned the MAF, new engine oil and filter, new fuel filter, new trans oil, new spark plugs, new spark plug tubes, had a guy come over and remove 8 small dents in the car (like the painless dent guys), resurfaced the brake rotors, new Akebono brake pads, flushed the brake fluid, polished the paint. Today, the climate control replacement LCD kit arrives. Basically a 60,000 mile service with "extras"
Read several posts and articles stating that K&N oil can foul MAF and other Sensors.
After reading all the info available online about K and N and Porsches, I decided to stick with Porsche recommendations/OEM. I agree with those who have concluded that the cost of sensors and other potential damage outweigh the potential minor boost in hp.

Respectfully,
Mitchell

https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=K+and+N+filters%3A+Porsche&oq=K+and+N+filters%3A+Porsche&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64.10685j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=K+and+N+filter+problems:+Porsche
Purchased May 2016
w/41.5k Miles
DRGETZ is offline   Reply With Quote