View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 03:16 AM   #74
compinsating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
So if I understand clearly, what you are doing now is just sculpting the shape you want. Once that's done you remove evrything and mold one piece?

For the sculting process, can't you use some sort of clay for this instead of chemicals fibers and all that trouble? Any clay that solidify after let's say 48hrs or something? Can't believe we don't have this stuff already?

Possibly called bondo I don;t know man, inexperienced here apologies

Can you please invent any of that Super Car Clay? I want shark shaped front fenders on my roadsta
ya pretty much... I mean the bumper is done as far as shaping it. now I have a rear bumper I'm going to use. like mentioned above.. it will have a short life but the remake will not be complicated since i already have the bumper made to mold from.

the quarters are in the state you mentioned. still sculpting and shaping to make my buck. i'm not sold on the look of the quarters yet. i feel there needs to be a little more detail around the vents. I'm kicking around some more idea in my head.

I've used clay(have a lot of it just sitting in a wet bag) before and I'm just not a fan of it. the pros use it over my method but I just don't like it. to be honest ... I'm loving the drywall mud the most so far. I've tried quite a few different things over the years and the dry wall mud is sooooo easy to work with. it sands like no other and super easy to apply. some might say I'm crazy but this is just for the buck phase and i don't see any reason to not go the path of least resistance

bondo... i live in Michigan and getting bondo to not gum up sand paper is rare, just to much humidity up here in the summer.
compinsating is offline   Reply With Quote