View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 11:41 PM   #17
Smallblock454

Hello johnsjmc,

as said - test it with the Bilstein Sports (think you mean Bilstein B6 with Bilstein sports). http://web1.carparts-cat.com/default.aspx?230=1&36=0&35=171&32=11523&34=0,100121&14=1&10=7DDCC6C3FC6D449EA5BA497A87B2DED4018001&12=130

I think the overall ride comfort will be less with this shocks, because B6 are stiffer than stock. I don't think it's not that important if they are only a little bit shorter. Overall ride height is adjusted by the springs.

My recommendation is always to use components that are tested to fit together. What's why a M030 setup has completely different components from a stock setup. Porsche does a lot of driving tests with their cars and i think the undercarriage is tuned very good from the factory.

But if you can't get the OEM shocks or if you are on a budget there is only one way to go - testing.

If you change the ride height, don't forget to do a full alignment to the car when the chassis/undercarriage has sat down.

I tested Startech shocks that where designed for my other car with stock springs. But the pressure stage of these dampers was really too high for the stock springs. Really good for cornering, but no comfort. So the only option was to use progressive lowered springs or other shocks. I decided to go back to new OEM standard shocks, because the overall costs for springs, installation and alignment where higher and the car would have had less comfort with that spring/shock combination. And i don't like cars that hop over every little stone – maybe that is because i'm getting older.

Regards, Markus

Last edited by Smallblock454; 07-13-2016 at 01:20 AM.
Smallblock454 is offline   Reply With Quote