View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 07:18 AM   #61
Joe toth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vheilman View Post
Couple of questions.

Are these fiberglass, carbon fiber, or?

What is the chance of rub/wear again to body or trunk?

Speed tested?

Painting options? I see yours is black, did you paint it?

Final thoughts: I like the design a lot, but it seems to more than twice what I was expecting. I'm sure it's worth it, but I'll have to wait.
To answer your questions,
Yes these will be fiberglass. I would like to do CF as well only if I can make the seam lines invisible.
The ducktail lines up like the original spoiler on the car with the same body line clearance. Will not rub.

Speed test....only to 75 MPH freeway driving. With using 3M two sided tape and the original plastic plugs they will not come off. My dive planes and 996 turbo intake scoops have gone 185 MPH on many track/race cars with only tape and no customer has lost one.
They can be painted. Will come out of the mold in shiny black gel coat like you see on mine.

The parts are going to be made in a three piece mold. When they come out of the mold I have seam lines which need to be cleaned up and made invisible. I cannot and will not make or sell these if the only way to make them presentable is to paint (color match) after the fact. These are actually more money than 4 models of my splitters because of the labor required.

Last edited by Joe toth; 07-09-2016 at 07:23 AM.
Joe toth is offline   Reply With Quote