View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 06:35 AM   #58
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986Jim
Your Z28 would have been faster if it could breathe at the top end. A new intake manifold with shorter runners and larger plenum would have solved that....

Shift point for Maximum acceleration. You always shift at highest RPM. If your Camero was more setup for drag racing with a short runner manifold shiftinger higher would have made the car faster. You yourself said the downfall of the car, couldn't brethe up top.
This is the WHOLE point. I wish I could connect these dots somehow because you're saying it right here.

If you change breathing on the engine, then you've changed the horsepower and torque curves and the game is a new one.

What he's saying is that redline isn't best in EVERY situation with an actual example, which, if you look back at my responses, is also exactly what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986Jim
Seriously I'm not trying to start a fight, (tho I'm obviously not doing a good job) What I say is from practical experience at the track.

Hope that helps,
Debate and discussion is a useful learning tool. If it remains on subject and avoids getting personal, all it can do is enlighten.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote