View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 07:26 PM   #50
986Jim

I understand perfectly well what your saying. The title of this thread is Shift Points for Maximum Acceleration. That is absolute Redline no matter what. Period end of story. There simply is noting else to say.

I race and can tell you that to go fast in a straight line or around corners you rev right to redline no matter what the curve looks like. I have raced for a lot of years in a lot of different cars in many forms of motorsport. What I say is from my personal racing and being part of race teams. Everything from Drag in 6 second cars to import drag, to motorcycle, to road course with VW's and Acura's to Porsche.

If you blab on about this type of stuff around people who race a lot like I do you get laughed at like a bench racer, which is what this all is. It's just that simple.

Listen, I'm not trying to be rude or anything so please don't take it that way. Simply this thread is about where you shift to go the fastest. Thats redline every time in almost every circumstance. 99% of the time thats the fastest way, the other 1% is well whatever it is. If your only out 1% of the time your going a lot faster than you would if you tried to make up different points to shift at in your car.

Hope that helps. If you want to counter my points feel free, I'm really not going to respond to this anymore were beating a dead horse here really.
986Jim is offline   Reply With Quote