View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 06:52 PM   #15
IMACMAN

Finally an answer

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread..... but... I finally got a mechanic to look at the car... I was there when he took the service cover off.... the first thing I saw, was the dreaded shards of aluminum eveywhere..... which started a cursing and swearing fit, as you can imagine.... at which point the mechanic said... Hold on...calm down.... he then loosened the tensioner? and sliped the belt off and said... turn the ignition... i did... and what do you know... the engine roared to life.....I shut it off... he grabbed the alternator pully and it was siezed solid... so there we have it.... it was a siezed alternator..... Dodged a bullet..... but I now have an appreciation for how it must feel to lose an engine.... I was so sure it was gone, I went out and bought a Jeep Wrangler....so I would have something to take the top off this summer...lol. Thanks for all the input an responses to this thread, all were greatly appreciated. Footnote... the engine runs better than it ever has... the laternator being weak was affecting performance for sure. Cheers.. Paul Newfoundland
IMACMAN is offline   Reply With Quote