View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 05:15 PM   #25
hazardc

Is there a ring land issue with the 3.2? With the successful turbo builds I've seen here and there on this forum I see no reason a progressive shot would be very detrimental. It's easier in the engine than a blower... you don't need the crankshaft to spin a bottle, but you need it to spin a blower

My other real questions here

The fuel system, is there enough injector and pump to hit it dry, or would a wet kit or injectors/pump/tuning necessary? If the fuel system has some wiggle room I wouldn't be too scared of a dry hit, if it doesn't , I absolutely wouldn't even consider risking it.

Hoping someone who has dealt with forced induction and stock fuel systems can chime in on the logistics with this subject.

I love the car the way it is, don't get me wrong. I still want a c5 or c6 project car to have forced induction fun with someday, but I bought the boxster because the power was not nearly enough to make the vette even hold a candle to the boxster imo. It puts a smile on my face every day and has made me a better driver in the process. I spent most of my life saying "meh" to Porsche in general, but now wonder what I could possibly rather have than another Porsche as a daily.

I've had plenty of way faster cars. I wouldn't mind giving this one a VERY mild kick once in a while. Engine weakness points and fuel systems are where I am having trouble finding reasons why it wouldn't work reliably, especially with the successful forced induction cars that have popped up. I haven't seen a thread where someone boosted a boxster and blew it up.
hazardc is offline   Reply With Quote