View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 07:23 AM   #2621
petee_c

On Saturday, I took time to fix a slight squeak from the rear passenger side when coming to a stop. Did some reading on it and general consensus is that it's an accumulation of brake dust.

Removed the wheel and rear pads. Man those are in there tight. I was able to use a clamp to move them away from the rotor and then read a tip in Wayne's book on using a screwdriver for leverage to pop them out. The rears probably have 50%left and also had antisqueal shims installed. The pads were labelled brembo.

I cleaned the vent holes in the rotor with brake cleaner and compressed air (wore an n95 mask) cleaned the brake dust out of the callipers. Put new antisqueal paste on the back of the pads and shims and greased the ear where the pads rest in the callipers. Lubed the surface of the clip that hold the pads in as well as the retaining pin.

So nice to work on a car that hasn't seen corrosion from our cdn winters.

Decided to remove all 4 wheels and give the insides a clean as well to remove the brake dust on the rims.

Did a quick wipe down of the paint with meguair's quick detailer. And put tire dressing on all 4 tires.

Shiny, non squeaky ride for the rest of the weekend.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
petee_c is offline   Reply With Quote