View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 05:49 PM   #18
LEJ

The final outcome was this. I originally was going to have Precision Motion just replace the clutch disk and throw out bearing but last minute a decision was made to do the whole job. My engine had the factory dual row bearing which was in good shape but replaced with the LN Engineering IMSB kit. The coolant tank was replaced and as mentioned previously, the oil separator had been replaced and was in good shape. The front engine mount was loose so it got a brand new one as well as an oil change and a new filter and filter housing as the mount for the spring in the bottom of the filter housing was missing and the tab that holds the spring was broken. Precision checked and a relatively new water pump was in place and a new serpentine belt which I had installed. Got the car there on Tuesday around 10:00 AM and picked it up at 5:00 PM on Wednesday. Great turn around time. My previous Porsche was a 1973 911T with all the factory installed "S" stuff (koni's, air dam etc etc.) The 2.7 engine fuel injection system (CIS) was giving me fits so I bought a 1986 Carrera 3.2 engine with Motronic injection from Precision Motion and they did the install. If you live in the Inland Empire area, they're right next to Riverside in Grand Terrace off the 215 fwy and Barton Rd. I highly recommend them for virtually 'anything" Porsche related.

So, my next "home" job is to replace the spark plugs. After that, I'm done until I pull the rotors and hopefully there is enough meat to re-surface them. When I do that, I'll change out the brake fluid and all the brake pads. Should I use dot 3 or dot 4 brake fluid or buy some of the super stuff (blue in color?)
LEJ is offline   Reply With Quote