View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 07:44 PM   #5
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986Jim
Don't waste your money on a strut brace. Some feel they are worth the money because they spent money on them. I can tell you that I have put them on lots of different cars that don't handle anywhere near as good as a boxster and they didn't make any difference at all. On a car as sharp as a boxster the difference would be even smaller than a regular car that would benefit from tuing the suspension over the soft stock setup.

Anybody who says it really did make their car faster is likely right, but only because their wallet is lighter reducing the overall weight of the car lol.

http://www.pca.org/tech/tech_qa_question.asp?id={088B74B4-0905-45BD-BFC8-6103F8F577BE}

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9424
Hi,

I respect your opinion on a lot of topics here, but on this one I totally disagree. Not only does a strut brace on the Boxster improve the handling (not to any stellar degree, but enough to be noticeable and called better), but it increases the chassis rigidity, eliminating a number of squeaks, rattles and cowl shake.

I too have used strut braces on numerous cars I have owned, and I have had mixed results. But, these were mostly coupes and any benefit (if any) was miniscule. So, I will concede that they do not automatically make a difference, but every car is different and some do benefit from them.

On the Boxster, it does make a difference which I believe exceeds it's cost. The majority of those who have added them have found them to be worthwhile, and it's not just a placebo effect, it does improve the Car. Adding a Front Brace makes a big improvement, adding the Rear Brace improves it more, but not as much as the Front. I am not a Strut Brace Fanatic, that is, I do not add them to every car I own, in fact, the Boxster is the only one of my 6 current cars which has them.

A convertible is inherently less rigid than a coupe, even the Boxster. Anything you can do to improve this, even a little, is worth it. Try one and tell me I'm wrong...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote