View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 07:25 PM   #13
Retroman1969

Thank you guys for the great comments! And 78F350, I'll talk to you about that here in the next few days, thanks! I know it would go to a good home within the "community".
I bet it would make the trip. On the highway it's fine.

The be fair, it has only been analyzed, and not torn into yet. I had an appointment with the Porsche shop tomorrow for a general checkup as I was planning a 4 day trip through the Ozark Mountains on 4th of July weekend. I'm keeping the appointment, but now to have it thoroughly checked and tested for the tranny condition. It would be great if a simple service or computer reset would fix it (or even something unrelated like a MAF sensor), but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.
I will say that, although it had a full tranny service done not long after I got it, that was nearly 50,000 miles ago now that I think of it.

The slipping and stuttering is getting pretty bad and getting worse rapidly. It's only at speeds below 45mph or under 3,000rpm on town cruising and gentle acceleration. Give it some beans or cruise at highway speeds and it kicks down and goes like a banshee, the flat 6 howling happily even at its advanced age.
Like I say, ill be giving it one last thorough going through to be absolutely sure.
I'll let you know what the verdict is.

Thanks again for your encouragement and support!