View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 04:00 PM   #17
Top_Ramen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisZenithBlue View Post
i share your feelings on the S2000 especially after owning one before the current Boxster and especially after my engine giving up on me last Sunday. i was about to call it quits and go back to an S2000 but wait.. It's hard to give up the Boxster with it being so much more grown up. plus that sounds of the flat 6 is hard to beat and the handling.. yes the S2000 is good but the Boxster makes you grow a second pair of balls. And yes.. i dont miss the daily butt puckering walking over to where i parked it overnight. in my single days i turned down a few invites to "sleep over" because of parking concerns

i miss the reliability of the S2000 as it took me through the mountains on two 3000 mile roadtrips with zero problems where i beat the crap out of it. it was an 11 year old car but not once was i concern with it not making the trip.

but here i am holding on to the Boxster and getting an engine transplant so i can enjoy it some more.

for me the Boxster is the most fun sport car and the best in it's class. the only car i would replace the Boxster with is a newer Boxster. (not the new flat 4 turbos though )

100% agree with you! I think the way you summed it up is exactly what I was trying to get to. I'm crazy about my 986 now, especially after updating some exterior pieces. Although, hopefully in the future, I can add some Hondas in my garage again and not have to sacrifice getting rid of the Boxster.

Top_Ramen is offline   Reply With Quote