View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 01:10 AM   #13
Smallblock454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche9 View Post
Thanks for all the great feedback guys. I appreciate it.

Unless I'm missing something all these options run through a FM modulator. Not a fan of that. I got the impression the Tranzlt Blu HF could be hooked directly to the CDR23. Pedro's site never talks about using a FM modulator but speaks to a custom kit versus FM. Has anyone directly hookup this product a CDR23?
Hello Porsche9,

there is no other way for a CDR23 to get a external stereo signal in than to fm modulate. The telephone in only has one channel, is mono and you can only decide on which side left or right the signal should play (see my message above). Also the quality is not that good, because the frequency band of that input channel was designed for phoning. So you have a high and a low cut.

If you want to feed in a external stereo audio signal to a CDR23 you'll need a solution that uses the MOST bus, like the (expensive) Dension adapters do; which simulates a CD changer.

Alternatively you can change the head unit and switch to a modern one. But you have to think of how to amplify the speakers if you have a sound package or bose system with an additional MOST bus amplifier.

Regards, Markus
Smallblock454 is offline   Reply With Quote