View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 08:29 AM   #16
PaulE

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
PS. If you don't already have one, get a GoPro and mount it inside the car so you can see yourself and the road. This will be the greatest teaching device you'll have (besides your instructor, but he will be gone after the 1st event). The GP doesn't have to be the latest / greatest. I bought a GP Hero2 off ebay for 1/2 price of a new one. It works fine for me.
Our club has groups classified as Green, Yellow, Blue, White, Black and Red for Instructors. Green and Yellow are beginners, Blue and White are Intermediate and Black is advanced. Everyone in Green, Yellow and Blue drives with an instructor. The White and Black groups drive without instructors. Our club had a winter seminar for HDPE and as I understand it, I think I'm going to have an instructor for a while. I don't have any racing experience and I'm not going to be promoted up very quickly.

I agree on the go-pro. The fellow selling the BK rollbar extension also had a video camera mount and a fire extinguisher bracket, I probably should have bought those too. When I did the Exotics Racing event they had in-car cameras that videoed the car going down the track and the driver, as well as GPS plotting of the car on the track and telemetry showing tachometer and speed. They gave us all a memory stick with our videos which show everything simultaneously.
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote