View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 12:23 PM   #8
Robert993TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
Don't worry about not having a "N" tire.
Do a search here and you will get a bunch of info, but the bottom line it means virtually nothing.
It is of little importance regardless of what car it is and what car has nothing to do with it.

As far as tire recommendations, what kind of driving do you plan to do?
Outside temperature when driving?
I will most likely only use the car on the street. Under all typ of conditions. Early spring to late autumn. Temperatures as low as 8 celsius. If I choose to use the car in colder conditions I will buy winter tires. I know that performance tires are not that good when the temperatures drops. Also we have mandatory law to use winter tires here in Sweden from december to end of marsch. I havenīt decided if I will use the Boxster during those months yet.

Had a 5 hours drive yesterday home with the Boxster. The car felt fine with the non "n" Michelins. For normal street use I think I will be fine. When changing next time I might buy "n" marked tires just to see if I notice any difference.

Thank you for your replies so far in the thread. Iīve gone trough some tire threads before writing my post and tried to remember some old ones from other forums regarding the same questions but 911īs not Boxters.
Robert993TT is offline   Reply With Quote