View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 11:18 AM   #7
seningen

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdoman_pro View Post
Ok let me rephrase or explain...originally there was no cranking at all. Dash lights would come on and that's it. The only sound was the fuel pump activating. So the first thing I checked was the clutch switch by bypassing it. Problem remained, so I reconnected it. Then I replaced the electronic part of the switch that supposedly fails often. That didn't help either. Then, I did the starter, which I ended keeping the old one. I've checked continuity and all is fine there too.
Sounds like maybe two different, but maybe related issues.

If I understood correctly -- turning the key only gets you the sound of the fuel pump, no cranking at all.

General Question: Does the fuel pump activate with Key On but ignition off, if it does -- then maybe the problem is the ignition switch not energizing to Key On Ignition On.

Might also be a problem with your immobilizer -- not sure if the fuel pump is done separately than the ignition/starter.

Now why your getting such a spark and battery drain? Maybe it too is related to the ignition switch. Maybe somehow its internally stuck in an on (but not ignition on) state.

Mike
seningen is offline   Reply With Quote