View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 11:28 AM   #1
ALFAROMEO1

Question 1997-2000 brake master cly question

can you run a 1997-2000 brake system with out the power boost? why you may ask? I have a alfa romeo spider 1984, and just imported a new 2015 jts motor,, have a slight problem.. tight space.. org master cly might fit, don't know right now.. all my brakes have been updater/upgraded to 12.19 vented disk all 4 corners, from the oem disk( 10.5 front soild and 10.2 read soild disks ) all the caliper are off a 1998 boxster.. 4 pot monoblock brembos( took those pesky Porsche stickers off the caliper, cleaned , new seals and ALFA ROMEO decals on the calipers now) if I do not have any room for my master cly. plan to use the boxster master cly , as it is smaller...I removed the brake booster on my car to get this new motor to fit, so this question I will be making a new mount to fit the master cly... reason would state that if you should loose vac. asst. on the boxster the brakes should work just fine,, just a little more pressure to use.. I have been running my new brake system without boost, and it woks just fine..any help here?
ALFAROMEO1 is offline   Reply With Quote