View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 05:48 PM   #1
imari
New Porsche Fan

Garage
Need Encouragement

I have a 2001 Boxster...my first Porsche. Bought it late 2015, got excited, started working on little enhancements, putting some work in...you know, falling in love with the vehicle. THEN - I let her fall into the hands of a bad mechanic. He's a good guy but with horrible business practices. I actually bought the car from him so I've trusted him with the care of the car. I have had the car for about 8-10 months and only had the chance to drive it about 10-15 times?????? WTF. This "mechanic" seems to be knowledgable but at this point I believe that he has truly taken advantage of me. The last round - was a CEL that caused him to put in a new air pump and a few other things (new rotors, CV Boot, etc) to the tune of $3300!!! WTF, I don't mind spending money on my cars but damn. I drive a Maserati so I expect costly repairs at times but I haven't had the chance to ENJOY the car. He already beat me on the sale price ($11,000), but now I feel he's beating me on the repairs....so I have DISCONTINUED my relationship with this jack ass! I need a good mechanic in Atlanta that will truly take good care of the car or I'm going to fall out of love with it. I'm already considering selling it and getting a Jaguar XK as a "drop top fun ride". Please advise Porsche Family......I'm hanging on by a thread.
2008 Black VW Eos
2010 Charcoal Ford Flex
imari is offline   Reply With Quote