Thread: Ethanol
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 04:19 AM   #12
Robert993TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallblock454 View Post
over here in Germany we have no fuel without ethanol.

Our normal 95 or 98 ROZ fuel has 5% ethanol added. It's called E5.
There is also fuel 95 ROZ with 10% enthanol add. It's called E10.
And some fuel stations offer E85, which means 85% ethanol. But this is for special E85 engines with special fuel lines.

You don't get fuel without ethanol over here in Germany.

There are no problems with E5 or E10 for the 986. Porsche approval for german E10 fuel:
Porsche Informationen zur E10-Eignung - Porsche Deutschland

Don't know how german fuel is different from US fuel in detail.

Regards, Markus
What about Aral Ultimate 102 fuel? Does it contain ethanol? When i use my 993 turbo in Germany I always try to find an Aral petrol station.

In Sweden we have 5% ethanol in general in 95 and 98 octane fuel. Shells V-Power also contain ethanol and is not real V-Power like it use to be. Shells petrol stations here is owned by finish ST1.

There are only a few refineryīs so I guess all fuel are more or less from the same places regardless what petrol station you use. Itīs all branding and marketing in the end with few exceptions if we talk about the Swedish petrol market. Canīt talk for the rest of the world. But my guess itīs the same everywhere.

I read that plastic tanks on motorcycle has suffered when exposed to 10% ethanol fuel on american forums. They deforms when exposed. But it does not seem to be a problem with the 5% fuel. I have not head of any case here in Sweden where itīs been a problem. I wonīt be filling up my Ducatis or 993 turbo with 10% ethanol fuel. Thats for sure. Impossible to avoid the 5% ethanol containment unfortunately. For longtime storage I guess you could always use alkrylate fuel. It does not contain ethanol.
Robert993TT is offline   Reply With Quote