View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 01:59 PM   #7
Giller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
Well, my IMS came out perfect unlike another dealer. I know what brand of every part went in. I have the exact mileage it went in. I know every torque value used on every bolt. I have almost every old part to show the wear. I've never let brake fluid touch my wheels. I have the previous 3 oil filters to show what they caught. I cleaned every part before reinstall. I have every receipt for every part. I even have the boxes the new parts came in.

Personally, I would choose me....but I'm no mechanic.
No slight against you Timco - but anyone who doesn't know you won't have any appreciation for your work ethic or your abilities, and therefore the 'Dealer Serviced' vehicle may sound more attractive. Marketing, right?

I would certainly advertise the car as Dealer serviced - you may not get any more money for it, but you may sell it faster vs a self service. Although without proper documentation - not sure you are any further ahead. Why the heck didn't you keep all the invoices??