View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 02:01 PM   #5
mach schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslai
I just took my car to the dealer today and in addition to the problems I asked them to look at, they added on two other items that they're doing to all (I assume) incoming 987s:

W573 SERVICE ACTION-RETROFITTING STUDS FOR THE ENGINE CARRIER WITH CAPS.
W608-REPLACING AIR GRILLES IN FRONT APRON/BUMPER

I think I've seen W573 mentioned on the web before, but W608 was new to me. In this case, I'm told that the front grilles were discoloring or something and so Porsche is replacing them. Interesting!
That service action was PARTLY addressed the last time my car was at Walter's for the vibration thing. They actually didn't say anything to me (par for the course at Walter's). Here's the great kicker though - only a few days after I picked it up from Walter's I took it to Hoehn to have them investigate the vibration. They told me that Walter's PARTLY addressed the service issue but failed to replace one of the caps that incidently had wore through a hose. Did Hoehn replace it? Nope - said it was on back order from Germany - in the meantime, keep driving the car (I'm sure under their breath, also saying and if it blows up or the tires fall off or the engine falls out, blah blah blah, sucker, it's probably nothing!). Sold/traded the car 3 days later!
Japanese Rising Sun roof graphic
De-ambered and nearly de-chromed!

Sold - 05 BMW 330CI ZHP M-tuned
Imola Red, 6spd, Alcantra & Carbon Fiber Interior

Sold - 05 Boxster Black/Black 5spd
19" Carrera S Wheels
Bose Audio System/Sport Chrono Pkg
Schnell Short Shifter
Yellow Calipers c/ carbon fiber Porsche lettering
De-Ambered

Sold - 03 VW Beetle Silver - way too modified!
mach schnell is offline   Reply With Quote