Thread: Exhaust sytems
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 03:33 AM   #51
rfuerst911sc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeA View Post
Can somebody name this $100 muffler? I considering giving it a try since its so cheap. Is it worth it? Will it likely be a drone king?

Yes that is a GHL and for that price it is a steal. I have one of these on " the beast " and I am trying to quiet it down a little and eliminate most of the resonance. I am running aftermarket headers, cat delete pipes, two resonators and then the muffler. The entire system is much lighter than stock. But the 3.6 is pushing the muffler to its limits in regards to drone. To date I have added Car Chemistry inserts into the exit of the resonators. That has taken some of the edge of the exhaust note but has not eliminated the drone. My next attempt will be inserts into the muffler tips. I love the sound at full throttle but the drone is annoying. If I can get that mostly eliminated I will be very happy with the system. I am using Sure Seal clamps at the joints and the only other trick I am aware of is maybe wrapping the system with heat wrap.
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote