View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 11:16 AM   #14
hoyabob2003

I'd think twice before purchasing a POR-II if you have a 2004 or newer vehicle.

I purchased a POR-II thinking it would be great due to all the advanced functionality.

The documentation they provide is very misleading and you really have to dig down deep into it to find out that the POR-II does not reset airbag lights, communicate with the ABS system or the airbag system on any 986 later than 2003. I purchased it to reset an airbag light on my 2004 S and after much back and forth with the manufacturer and lots of wasted time (at one point even telling me that my vehicle's ECU must be damaged), they finally admitted this fact, told me that I should have found it all in the online documentation and that therefore, no they won't take it back. The support guy I was working with told me that the POR-II doesn't communicate with the ABS or Airbag system on any Porsche vehicle later than 2003, "because it's a proprietary system and we didn't buy the rights to it from Porsche," but I've only got experience with the 986 platform, so I can't say from personal experience whether or not that's the case.

I purchased a durametric and it worked just fine and communicated with all systems. I wish I would have just spent the extra $$ from the beginning.

I know you're looking at other options, but the poster above said he was looking at a POR-II and I wanted to let him know its limitations.

Last edited by hoyabob2003; 06-02-2016 at 11:20 AM.
hoyabob2003 is offline   Reply With Quote