View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 07:59 AM   #13
mach schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPIQTodd
That's why I used the 'experts' moniker in quotations, just as I did here.

By the way, I just contacted Hoehn Porsche and spoke to the service manager about this little incident (by 'little' I mean incredibly significant, and potentially business-ending for them, as an accident on the freeway due to negligence on their part in properly securing the wheels might result in a fatality) and he listened to me complain about how this was so far elementary and basic and that it would be potentially very dangerous. He simply replied with "I agree with everything you are saying", no apology, then I stated that my plan was to contact PCNA due to the severity of the issue and he replied with "do you want their number?" in a snappy voice. Nice. I fear for the lives of all those who are driving around without the knowledge that their wheels could come off at any moment thanks to the negligence of Hoehn Porsche in Carlsbad, CA. Had I not changed the pads last night, I wouldn't know, and how many people pick up their cars from a dealer then go home and change brake pads, thus removing the wheels and checking the bolt tightness? My guess is less than .1%. The other 99.9% are still at risk, but the service manager seems not to care. I would have expected an eat crow attitude, not a 'kiss my a**' attitude in such a situation.

PCNA was quite receptive and apologetic (and they don't need to be - ironic, huh) and will submit a formal complaint on my behalf. Not that I want to go back to Hoehn Porsche now, but I'm quite sure I will be blacklisted there anyway.
Another glowing example (and unfortunate experience by another Porsche owner) of why I bailed out of my Porsche. Perhaps this is the kind of sh$% that Porsche dealers, techs, service mgrs are trained to give to Boxster owners - afterall, its the low end product in their line up. An interesting experiment would be to track down some with with a $100k + Carrera who had the same problem and brought it to the serv mgr's attention. Would he or she get the 'go f$%k yourself attitude' or would he get the job repaired immediately, a 'beat the hell out the tech' pass and a week of blow jobs from the general mgr's stripper-wife!?

At least, Todd, you got a little more out of PCNA. Anytime I contacted them, they said things were dealer-specific and I should contact the dealer.

I think I've resolved to the fact, at least with ownership of a new or under-warranty Porsche (insert any model) that ideally to be a mildly satisfied owner, the Porsche should be a second vehicle, at a minimum, even if it's intent is daily driver. In other words, you should have at least one other car in your garage to drive on a daily basis, if and when, the Porsche has an issue. Furthermore, and most important in my opinion, your financial position should be one that dealing with either a $50k or $100k car that may both be in the shop on a regular basis and also subject to half-ass service and maintenance from an otherwise supposed and highly reputable product manufacturer, is just not a big deal. In other words, a typical Saturday would entail dropping your Porsche off to be dildo'd around by Jose or Jimmy NewTech and then taking a big pile of your excess cash and just pissing on it and lighting it on fire and laughing diabolically just because your so stupidly wealthy that who gives a flying f%^k that your Porsche never runs right and you just burned up a pile of $ equivalent to NewTech's yearly salary!
Japanese Rising Sun roof graphic
De-ambered and nearly de-chromed!

Sold - 05 BMW 330CI ZHP M-tuned
Imola Red, 6spd, Alcantra & Carbon Fiber Interior

Sold - 05 Boxster Black/Black 5spd
19" Carrera S Wheels
Bose Audio System/Sport Chrono Pkg
Schnell Short Shifter
Yellow Calipers c/ carbon fiber Porsche lettering
De-Ambered

Sold - 03 VW Beetle Silver - way too modified!
mach schnell is offline   Reply With Quote