View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 04:15 PM   #105
GTsilber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallblock454 View Post
Hello,

are you shure you know what you are doing? Sorry, if i sound harsh, but if you've looked a Youtube video with some guys refilling their AC with some refrigerant and telling you know its working that doesn't mean it will work for long. Just my 2 cents.

The AC system needs 850g of R 134a and also it is extremely important to add refrigerant oil 195 +/- 15 cm3 ND8. If some of the refrigerant is missing the system won't work. If you have to much refrigerant in the system you'll ruin the compressor. If some of the oil is missing you will ruin the compressor immediately.

So do yourself a favour a let the refill be done professionally. System leaks can be found easy if you use a professional refill machine. Also if the system was empty it is highly recommended to change the dryer cardridge.

Regards, Markus

I misspoke when I said I refilled with 30oz of refrigerant, I only used 12 oz. I wanted to test whether the system would hold the charge as well determine if there was a leak. The system had a reading of 20 psi prior to filling up with 12oz or r314a and the gauge read 25 psi post charge. I let the AC run for 10 minutes and rechecked the pressure - still 25 psi. Since the system had a reading of 20 psi pre-charge I assumed that there was still ND8 oil within the system, I am not sure how to measure the content of ND8 so I didn't add any more.

Do I know what I'm doing - not really, but I would rather try to diagnose a problem myself than bring it to a shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GTsilber is offline   Reply With Quote