View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 06:04 AM   #4
husker boxster

Good question JPC. My job is very iffy and I currently have covered parking. Chances are good covered parking would not be available at my next place of employment, so I was wondering if something like this existed.

The link you provided gives a little info about the product but doesn't make any claims about how large of hail it can protect from. I suppose there are too many variables (wind being the biggest) that would preclude them from making claims like "protection up to quarter sized hail". It would be interesting to know how large the hail could be. The marketing blurb makes it sounds good.

And speaking of wind... Hail in the Midwest is generally accompanied by severe thunderstorms or tornados. Both of those generate high winds. A canopy tent would be no match for 50-60mph winds whether it was anchored or not. And I don't think your employer would care much for you anchoring your canopy in his / her parking lot.

Leaving my Porsche at home is not an option. I have to drive one or the other. Currently I only have to worry about the 20 min drive in or back. Hopefully that doesn't change, but I might be looking for hail protection devices too.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote