View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 10:37 AM   #20
Walshie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDog View Post
Walshie - the Pentosin ATF-1 that I posted a link for -IS- the OEM fluid. It's what came in your transmission originally.

There are one or two compatible fluids (with numeric designations that I can't remember - one is listed in the 101 projects book) but I would only use the original stuff in mine.

Be careful. I think there is another Pentosin fluid that looks similar (same color bottle) with a similar name, but it's the wrong stuff.

The back of the correct bottle will have a Porsche part number listed (999.917.547.00) in the Meets and Exceeds section. The bottle also says it's good for 120,000km. Don't believe it!

I'm not telling you to change your fluid. Just offering advice based on my experience if you should decide to do it. Factor that in with what you are hearing from others on the forum before making a decision.
Thanks for all the info. I have managed to get a great deal from a local porsche indi. They are going to do the whole thing for me for £86 + 20% vat (tax) so I have booked it in for that and a minor service at the same time, at that price I would be a fool to do it myself.
Thanks again for all your help and advice
Walshie
Walshie is offline   Reply With Quote