View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 08:27 AM   #10
Ciao

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallblock454 View Post
Hi,

hm, i don't know. Personally i don't feel a difference between 250 and 265 HP in daily usage. Also i don't feel a difference between 300 and 310 Nm.

Definitely different if your car would only have 50 HP and later on 65 HP. That can be felt. But to compare that this would mean a difference of 250 HP and 325 HP.

We've tested some cars on a calibrated motor sports dyno. One person had invested over 1.000 euros for a generic tune from a well known german tuner. The car had less HP than the best stock car we've tested (we did a dyno day with identical 10 cars).

Muffler: we had some cars on the dyno. In general the OEM exhaust system was better than any after market or modified by user. Also if you change only the muffler this will lead to nothing - except more noise. If you want more hp you should use catalytic converters with a maximum flow and a minimum of cells so it's possible to reach just emission controls. Also the complete exhaust system should have a maximum diameter.

My opinion: a generic tune is wasted money. A sport exhaust will bring more noise / sound but in general not more hp. If you want to do it right, you have to spend a lot of money to get more HP out of an N/A Porsche engine and have to do a lot things right.

Regards, Markus
This is the best logical assessment so far for determining upgrades and increase in HP with minimum costs.