View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 11:33 PM   #11
mr.borrie

Thanks guys, I think I do need to get back on my feet a little.
I just want to get a Porsche and it seems this is a change for me to obtain one for little money.

My judgement might have got clouded over the years of buying Volvo's with problems and fixing them in a few weeks and drive them years with no problems at all. With Porsches there is a huge difference in parts prices that can make working like that be dangerous.

What difference can a PPI make though, will they give a warranty if they failed to spot something? I would doubt that..?

Maybe a bit more information on how this boxster was offered. I posted an topic on a dutch Porsche forum that I was looking at Boxsters in a lower budget and some work would be fine for me. When I wrote that I was more thinking about worn brakes, or suspension stuff though since the engines are new to me.

That's when the seller contacted me, he has not been using the Boxster for a while now and thought that this car would be a good one for me as I was looking for one that has some work on it.

The seller was upfront about the error, its a 2500 repair. So that does sound like a variocam replacement a 1000 euro parts alone repair.. pretty serious.

So if I where to proceed with this "gamble", I do see it like that. I would be needing to not pay more for the car than it would do in spare parts and a broken engine. I don't really know how much that would be. I have seen boxsters with engine failure for sale around 4K but no clue what they fetch in reality.