View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 09:28 AM   #1
mr.borrie

What is this box worth?

Copy paste from here http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/61329-camshaft-adjuster.html

but i figure its a separate question so other topic:

I have been reading my whole vacation about all boxster.

Today i went and saw the boxster. i went trough most of the check that can be done mentioned in the book

-Car sitted fine, looked in good condition and no gaps between panels
- interior decent, driverside chair has some damage from getting in and out, needs filler and some paint
- paint looked good but i was rainy, i asked him if it was decent dry and he said yes
- OEM 17 inch wheels with good tires
- seals where good, driverside had a little nick in it . other than that fine
- radiators looked clean
- lights could be clearerd, seems a bit faded
- roof looked good, had been replaced in 2007
- Disk and pads and calipers looked in good shape
- spoiler went up and down good, so did the roof
- engine light was on, like the seller told me the garage told him it was the camshaft sprocket being stuck (Variocam? or can the sprocket be really stuck)
- Car felt good while driving, i had the owner drive me around .. not sure why i did not took the wheel myself
- exhaust looked good had been replaced due to rear damage in 2008 , same for the rear bumper

And one more before i left again

After walk around and the drive around we went inside for coffee. Talked about our work, Both in IT. and than some more about the car.

He has been the owner for 7 years and had all the maintance done and has all the papers for that (did not see them though) we talked a little about the price but i'm still a bit scared with the work that is needed.

I wonder what you guys would think a car like that is worth