View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 07:17 AM   #12
Dubaday

Garage
I have this exact HU and I plan on getting it replaced with a more updated HU, preferably an Android. Cost around a grand and some change for HU and install from car toys.
Don't get me wrong, it's a good unit. USB port in the center console, CD player that works well and doesn't skip too bad on bumps in the roads, Pandora radio, bluetooth, easy to use. And the map is very nicely laid out.

Keep in mind you can connect to pandora through the app that is on the HU, or connect via bluetooth and than play pandora on your phone.

Now for the upset. It WILL lag on you at times. For example, My phone auto connects once I start up the car, and I'm currently on pandora via HU app. This allows you to thumbs up, down, change station etc. on the HU itself.
But sometimes, it won't let you press anything on the screen unless you switch over to another setting first and than switch back to the pandora app on HU.
Than there is the shuffle on the usb setting that acts up sometimes and doesn't let you shuffle. And lastly, No video.
Other than that, radio, bluetooth and CD works well.

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but I figure you should know instead of not knowing. Hey, maybe it won't be like that for you, maybe I got a defective unit.

Hope this helps,
Randy
2000 Boxster S, SPEC stage 1 clutch, Fabspeed sport headers, Fabspeed secondary cat deletes, Billy&Boat muffler, EVOM air intake, Ben006's Custom Short Shifter, Pedro's TechnoBrace, Eibach rear sway bar, De-snorkeled, Fred's custom projector HL
Dubaday is offline   Reply With Quote