View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 03:53 AM   #8
Muskoka Minute

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallblock454 View Post
Well first, i think you run into trouble if that's a gift from your wife.

The CDR has a MOST bus system. That means the HU gets infos from the car via MOST bus and the connection between the stock radio and the stock amp is via fibre optic cable.

The alpine doesn't have a fibre optic output, it has a conventional chinch output, and the stock amp doesn't have a chinch input.

So you have to use an additional amp with chinch inputs or you have to use the integrated amps of the Alpine HU. But in that has no electronic crossover, that you'll need if you have a Sound package or Bose system in your car.

The wire from the amp to the speaker are connected with a very special and unusual connector. So if you will to use this you'll have to destroy it and can not use it in the future if you want to build back to stock. My recommendation is to do a complete alternative wiring and don't touch the stock wiring harness, so can always go back to stock.

Because of the CAN / MOST bus system you'll need a CAN bus adapter to get the power, speed and reverse signal for the Alpine HU.

So, do you still think your wife loves you?

Regards, Markus

Maybe she know this and this is her way of getting me to stay home more???

Do you know of a HU that would be a plug and play or am I going to be dealing with all these issues with any Hu that I go to install?
My Beast 2004 Boxster SE #0174
- 3.8 with all the internal goodies, Under-mount Pulley, IPD Plenum, 996 Intake, Softronic Tune, 987 Factory Sport Exhaust, skid plates, IMS solution, Ohlins R&T, RSS Toe Links, Camber Plates, Michelin Pilot Super Sport on all 4 corners, Alpine Double Din c/w new speakers & amps.
Muskoka Minute is offline   Reply With Quote