View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 04:47 AM   #829
itsnotanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLinkage View Post
Woody, as one of the resident forum experts on the differences between various 986 models, is there any reason the black hood cowl trim piece (just below windshield) from an early model 97-2000 couldn't be fitted to a later 2001-2004 model.
I ask b/c you commented on the increased longevity of the earlier version.
I have already replaced the one on my 2001 once, and at 2 yrs age it is already faded terribly, and never seemed to lie perfectly flat anyway.
I looked into what it would take to put a 97-00 cowl trim on a 01-04 boxster and from what I remember it didn't look that difficult. The mounting studs are in different locations and you would have to do some minor fabricating. I was thinking all it would take was drilling & tapping two new holes. Or you could try and weld on two studs. It should go right on once you get that done. If this is something you're going to do, I'll take some more detailed pics and share.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan1966 View Post
The part I broke is the clip that plugs into the headlight, so if I can use the socket / wires I already have in some fashion and replace the clip that will work for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGETZ View Post
Hello, do you have your vehicle inventory list or pics posted somewhere?
Looking to replace center and door arm rests, door and center console trim on my 2000 Boxster S.
Also need a key, plastic pieces that hold the key fob.
Do you have pics of those parts in very good to excellent condition?
Thank you.
Respectfully,
Mitchell
PM sent