View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 01:33 PM   #68
cfos

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbrown77 View Post
... It's easy for the armchair gun control experts to chime in with their statistics because they haven't faced a criminal with a gun in his hand at 11:30 pm in November. Once you've been there, believe me - you'll be armed...
Alternatively, I think it may be said that it's also easy for the "armed" to believe that they will always hit their marks in said situation or otherwise, deter criminal acts from going down, right? They Han Solo, back when it meant something to Han Solo... I mean, sure, I'm thankful for never being in that scenario and can't comment on what I'd do whether armed or not, but I have witnessed people cut in line. In my mind, I'm pretty damn righteous. I'm a hero and everyone also in my line, has my back. They tell their children of this day. There are articles written about that confrontation. A government holiday is created. I'm on television answering questions, accepting awards, having little babies named "cfos" all over the place. I no longer pay taxes. I'm allowed to contribute to a Roth, again. I sell my signature for Shatner money. Right?

And then I wake up and I'm posting another nonsense post in a nonsense forum wondering if anyone else saw Rushmore and said that line when they see whatshisface in the commercial with Alec Baldwin. Because, someone out there agrees with me right? THAT is why I post. For some stranger out there in the serious interwebz... cares. Just don't let it be BigJake. I have higher expectations.

Ok... I'm going back to thinking deep thoughts and making fun of other friends and acquaintances on FB about more nonsense and GoT. Maybe Penny Dreadful, too. Oh yeah, also need to have a question answered about some plot holes in Civil War. I mean, REALLY!?!?! REALLY!?!?!

Last edited by cfos; 05-09-2016 at 01:40 PM.
cfos is offline   Reply With Quote