View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 04:47 AM   #65
peterbrown77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
+1. I've owned, shot and hunted with guns for >50 years (I own 12 now) and I have never seen the need to carry one in my car. It doesn't sound like having a gun in his car would have kept peterbrown77 from getting robbed. It's kind of hard to get your gun out when someone's already pointing one at you.
No, a gun in the console would not have helped. However, if I'd had it on me it would have as I had time. I went out the driver's door and he had to back out the passenger side. So I was just standing there for a good 5-10 seconds just waiting on him. It's easy for the armchair gun control experts to chime in with their statistics because they haven't faced a criminal with a gun in his hand at 11:30 pm in November. Once you've been there, believe me - you'll be armed.

As for the police, well - I sat in the station house all night waiting on a detective. The next day, I was driving to DMV to replace my driver's license and I dropped my Bluetooth earpiece. As I reached under the passenger seat to retrieve it, wanna guess what I found?

The gunman's college ID. With photo.

So I scanned it and emailed it to the detective (this happened in Providence, about 90 minutes away).

Want to know what the police did with this piece of iron-clad evidence? Not a damn thing. I never heard about it or from them again.

Next time, I'll take my chances with my 9mm - and so will he.